My fabulous friends Jo VonBargen and Laura Zera recently honored me with a Versatile Blogger award. I am grateful. That’s the extent of my acceptance speech. They know how much I appreciate their acknowledgement. They (may) also know that I do not follow directions well due to an *authority* issue. Now, I’ve met a slew of talented women writers on Twitter, where
Girls Rule ladies seem to dominate, but in a calculated nose thumb at the rules, this post is dedicated to Talented Male Bloggers!
(Blatant plagiarism, stolen from Laura’s post) “I have no idea who made up (the various) Blogger Award rules, but they’re fun: list a bunch of obscure things about yourself, and nominate other bloggers for the award.” Boys, do as you wish re: acknowledging and/or passing on this new (created by me) award. I just wanted a chance to tell the world how fab you are!
The Manly Man Blogger Award (MMBA) RULES: In a post on your blog …
1. Include the MMBA icon, nominate
10 (pick a number) bloggers, and pass it on
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to
her their blog (feel free to skip it, no guilt.)
3. Share several completely random snippets of info about yourself.
4. Include these rules, and 5. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination with a tweet.
(It’s All) About Me: I love people who make me laugh, tend to obsess about and over-think everything (this post included), I mute the TV during commercials because they drive me nuts (same with the car radio). I gained enormous street cred as a kid when I (accidentally) gave myself a black eye with my knee. I buy the same kind of socks so I never have to match them out of the dryer. I pierced my nose when I was 22. Nose ring long gone, no evidence remains.
NOW For The Nominees (Drum Roll):
Do yourself a favor: Follow these wonderful, hard-working writers, author, bloggers, (and smart men) on Twitter. And read their blogs!
1. Rob Guthrie robonwriting.com twitter handle: @rsguthrie
2. Mark Andrew Edwards markandrewedwards.com twitter handle: @MarkAndrew88
3. Kenneth G. Bennett kennethgbennettbooks.com twitter handle: @kennethgbennett
4. Frederick Brooke frederickleebrooke.com twitter handle: @frederickbrooke
5. Karl Sprague karlsprague.com twitter handle: @karlsprague
6. Mark Brassington markbrassington.wordpress.com twitter handle: @markbrassington
7. Stephen Spencer PaulDMallory.com twitter handle: @PaulDMallory
8. Derek Blass derekblass.wordpress.com twitter handle: @derekblass
9. Justin Bogdanovich justinbogdanovitch.com twitter handle: @JustinBog
10. David Anderson nicholasdrumm.com twitter handle: @NicholasDrumm
That’s it! Got any Manly Men bloggers YOU can recommend? Do tell!